Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hide 'n Seek

Audrey's really getting into playing games, one of her favorites lately is hide 'n seek. This is an especially fun game for the adults involved, particularly her dad who really get into "finding" her. It goes a little something like this.
Scott: "Audrey, wanna play hide 'n seek?"
Audrey: "Yeah, I hide."
Scott: "OK, I"ll count to 10."
Audrey: " I hide on the chair"
Scott: "Well Audrey, you aren't supposed to tell me where you're hiding."
Audrey: "Ok, I hide on the chair."
Scott: "ugh, 1, 2, 3...
Audrey: "Come find me daddy, I'm on the chair!"
Scott, then proceeds to roam through the house calling for Audrey - "Are you behind the curtain?"
Audrey: "No daddy, I'm on the chair!"
Scott: "Are you on the couch?"
Audrey: (very stern and frustrated) "NO DADDY, I'M ON THE CHAIR!"
Scott: "Oh my goodness, you're on the chair."
Audrey: "Good job daddy, I hide again...on the chair."
God bless patient people, and god bless hide 'n seek. Its a fabulous game to watch, with or without a glass of wine!

3 comments:

  1. I have been witness to said game, and trust me, you can't write better fiction than the reality that is Audrey and Dad (Scott) playing hide n' seek!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it in person ... Do you think Uncle Steph and Uncle Michael will play along?

    ReplyDelete